DAVID ROBLOU, harpsichord
DAVID ROBLOU is a harpsichordist, pianist, conductor, and vocal coach.
- As harpsichordist his repertoire ranges from 16th to 20th centuries in
and chamber music, in concert and on radio and CD throughout the world.
- A world authority and practitioner of basso continuo he plays
chamber music with the
New London Consort, Pavlo Beznosiuk and Paula Chateauneuf, Mark Tucker, Artur Stefanowicz
and Peter Wendland.
- As pianist he plays song cycles and cantatas by Haydn, Mozart,
Berlioz, Wagner, Liszt,
Dvorak, Eben, Ullmann, Poulenc, Messiaen and Hakim.
- He has given world and UK premieres on both instruments.
- As conductor his repertoire includes 50 operas (from Caccini through
and romantic standards to Alison Bauld - a world premiere) plus ballet, oratoria and
orchestral works from all periods, touring the UK, Europe and the Americas. Founder
Musical Director of Midsummer Opera (midsummeropera.org.uk), he became overall
Artistic Director in 1999.
- As coach he has guested at the Royal Opera House and English
taught at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, gives masterclasses internationally
and is consulted by singers enjoying careers worldwide.